Top Navigation

  

Friday, June 11, 2010

Logos – the good, the bad and the downright cute

Like a haircut, your logo makes a lasting impression. Whether it’s date, or potential customer you’re hoping to attract – that first impression will most likely determine whether you get to 2nd base.

It’s worth putting in the effort to make sure that name and design come together in perfect harmony. It should communicate who you are, what you stand for and connect with your target audience? This starts with finding right designer for the job. Do they get what you do, understand your vision and share your aesthetic? Do they understand how it will translate across all communications (cautionary note: I had no idea that my first logo and identity would look so bad when it was applied to a website...though mauve should have been a hint!).

Here are a couple of logos that: I love, have confounded me, or have simply made me say "Ahhh"

Love - Maybe it’s because I’m a Brit, but I love the Victoria & Albert museum logo almost as much as I love the Victoria & Albert museum shop.

Huh? - As soon as I read that some people saw Lisa Simpson doing something rather rude in the London Olympics logo, I now can’t see anything else.



"Ahhh"- OK, so spending this much money on clothes that will fit a kid for about 2 weeks is nuts, but extra points for the cute logo.


No comments:

Post a Comment