Top Navigation

  

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Coloring outside the lines – how illustration can make you stand out from the crowd

I love beautiful photography as much as the next gal – those sumptuous, glossy pictures make me want to dive right into them – but I’ve always had a special place in my heart for fashion illustration. There’s just something about how they make me feel.

When I see a gorgeous picture of Giselle - or some other heavenly being - I can appreciate it, but I don’t necessarily see myself in her (that’s called delusion and it’s a slippery slope). But when I see a fashion illustration the glamour feels within reach, as something I could possibly possess. Illustration allows us to draw our own narrative and to connect in a way that’s unique to us.

Could illustration be right for your brand? Here are a few things you might want to consider:

Illustration makes an emotional connection

Let’s face it – connection is the name of the game, so if your brand image resonates with your customer on a personal level, you’re on the right track.

Illustration helps you stand out from the crowd

By aligning yourself with a distinctive illustration style, your customer starts to connect your brand with that style.

Illustration allows you to get really creative
particularly if you don’t have a ‘Giselle’ budget

Illustration easily lends itself to other applications e.g. product

Illustration is charming and makes people feel good

In the spirit of feeling good, please enjoy this lovely Spring-like illustration by Meg Hess.

No comments:

Post a Comment